Thursday, March 17, 2016

9: Thursday.

Happy Patty's day. I'll talk about luck in a moment, so stick with me, but before that, to me, Patty's day is just another holiday to dye things green and make them taste like mint. It's just an excuse to pinch people, wear green, even though we all know it's not a creative color and prance around in a field to find a mystical, four leaved clover. Why we think little, orange-bearded, Irish elves protect pots of gold that the end of rainbows, is unknown to me. It sounds like an epic Mad lib everyone believes in, but I guess if you think like than, most holidays must seem kind of stupid.

All I remember about the story of Saint Patrick is, well, not a lot. Bits and pieces really. I know he got mad that he couldn't take a slab of stone with him on a boat, then he threw it in the ocean and the rock floated him to a nearby island. I remember something about snakes, but that's it. I mean, I could be thinking about, say, Saint Valentine, but now that you know what Patty's day means to me, I can tell you what I think of luck.

Luck isn't real, good luck at least. I'm pretty sure the list of worst to best luck goes more like: Very bad, bad, normal then coincidence, rather than: Very bad, bad, normal, good, then great. I can only believe in what what I've experienced and I've never experienced good luck, just a string of convent coincidences.

You could argue that because I think bad luck does happen, that good luck must happen as well, because everything has an equal and opposite force. I don't think thats necessarily true. If you go up, you don't have to come down, you just have to stay up till the end of forever.

Of course my logic is flawed. I'm sure pretty much anyone can tear apart what I just typed in a six worded sentence, but hey, I'm writing this two days early at midnight. Cut me a little slack.

But anyway, I hope you have a nice day and if you don't, sorry man. It'll be better someday. Besides, I'm sure you'll remember to wear green next year. You might even still have bruises from all those pinches!

No comments:

Post a Comment