Monday, May 2, 2016

17: Monday.

Do you remember that list of movies I told you that I wanted to watch? Well, on Saturday, I got to cross one of that list. Batman Vs Superman and I am disappointed. Huh? No, I'm not disappointed in the movie. The movie is really good. I'm disappointed in the media for saying it sucked.

It always happens to the biggest, most anticipated movies. They get way to over-hyped and people are disappointed with it, because they don't stand up to their Superman-ly expectations. I'm kind of glad I didn't see it right off and I'm kind of glad that the media scorned the movie. It dulled all the hype, making me less up to judging it before watching it. 

So, I went to the theater with my dad and younger brother. My father and I are both very big nerds in many different types of fiction and non-fiction. My younger brother prefers things like the rebooted Star Trek films. There were seven other people there besides us, so it was okay for me to whisper snarky comments over to my dad during the movie. A lot of it I liked, but some of it I was eh about. 

This is were I'm going to put a spoiler warning since I'm not an idiot, but I'll try to keep most of the spoilers gone. 

I liked Affleck's Batman. I liked Lex Luthor. I liked Alfred. I liked the style of the movie and how it was filmed and I do think you should go watch it. 

I liked most of the film, but because I'm good at finding little things in movies that bug me, there are some things I don't.

Wonder Woman shouted that Doomsday seems to feed off of energy and then Supes decides to blast it with his lasers. When I pointed it out to my dad he just said, "Well, Batman's the smart one." Which I agreed with.

Batsy was the only one who took cover when Doomsy was barfing energy at them. I get that Supes and Wondery are wannabe-god like people, but it still looked like the blast hurt them. Taking cover would have been smarter.

I'm never going to understand why Supes doesn't wear a mask, but at least he changes his hair, right? Right?

Batman goes from completely ready to kill Supes, to docile, little mouse in one name. Martha. Why does Martha have to be such a common name between big-city folk and farmers? Batsy could have at least punched a Supes one last time. 

Batsy isn't a good driver. I know, I know, high speed chase, guns, flare, blah, blah, blah. He still drove through two walls and almost knocked off his tracker. I told my dad that's why he has to have a decked-out car.

All in all, it is a good movie and I'm looking forward to the next ones. 

Have a good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment