Monday, April 25, 2016

16: Monday.

I honestly don't remember if I told you this, but I'm allergic to peanuts. I know I'm not really that different, over three million people have a peanut allergy, but I'm the only one in my family that has a peanut allergy. I'm a middle child, so of course I must be different and my body does a good job of doing that, but naturally, there are thing I don't like very much about it. So, I decided that I was going to complain.

Here are five thing I don't like about having a peanut allergy.

1: Almond butter.

A normal jar of peanut butter around where I live, cost five or six dollars. A jar of almond butter? Nine bucks, or more. I can get a giant jar of Nutella for less than that. And as a plus, my two brothers just love the taste of almond butter, so if I don't hide it, it only last for a couple of days at best. Needless to say, I haven't had almond butter in a while.

2: Peanut butter smell.

If you don't have a peanut allergy, then I don't think you can relate, but I hate the smell of peanut butter. I don't know if it's because I've been conditioned to stay away from it, or if I just genuinely hate the smell of it. It smells like wet tar and fish. I've never smelled wet tar, but it can't smell that different from what I imagine. 

3: Washing the dishes.

If peanut butter smells bad normally, peanut butter under hot, running water smells worse. My brothers leave a ton on the spoons and knives they use and don't bother to lick it off. If peanut butter taste so good, why not lick it off? Not only that, but I'm really the only one in my house, besides my mom, that does the dishes. So, I wash a ton of peanut butter dishes.

4: Forgetting.

I've been allergic to peanuts for as long as I can remember, so it's become habit to stay away from peanuts. It's become so much of a habit, I sometimes forget that I'm allergic to peanuts. Like, during the day, I don't think about my allergy. I only think about it when I'm confronted with the chance of ingesting peanuts. I don't think it's that strange, but I still don't like the fact that one day, I may forget that I'm allergic and eat peanuts willingly. It's a weird fear.

5: Candy.

There are only like, two candy bars that aren't pure chocolate that don't have peanuts in them. I can't have gummy worms and jellybeans forever. If someone could make a really, really good, peanut-free candy bar that aren't Twix, or Three Musketeer, that would be great.

There you go. If you don't have a peanut allergy, I hope I've given you a little insight into having one. If you do, hopefully you can relate to some of these. 

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment