Monday, April 4, 2016

10: Monday.

So, you probably didn't know, but I was visiting my Grandmother and Grandfather over the last two weeks. You get to take time off when you want when your homeschooled, but don't think that I don't have to do school. In fact, this blog is part of my school. It's my writing.  And that's not all. I'm all set up to get done with school in the first, or second week of May. It really depends on my math and if I can cram it all into my brain. 

Enough of my homeschooling and more of my vacation.

The same day that I had to drive for three and a half hours to get to the island my grandparents live on, I had to get on a bus and travel four hour to get to a jazz band competition and stay there until noon. We played at eight and afterwards, there wasn't much to do. After we played, I spent most of my time talking with two other girls. One plays the flute, the other plays the sax and I play the clarinet. I figured out what Harry Potter house they belonged too. I'm a Hufflelyn, (Hufflepuff and Slytherin), the sax player was a Ravenclaw and the flute player was a Hufflepuff. 

Once the award ceremony was over, (we didn't win) we had to get back on the bus and drive for another four hours, but this time it was more like five since we stopped for food. By this time, I was really tired and wasn't feeling very well, so like any teenager would have, instead of sleeping for the hour I could have, I spent it finishing my packing, because I had put it off. 

At five, or so, me, my mom, stepdad and younger brother went to his (younger brother's), Boy Scout cross-over. I was going to sleep in the back of the car, but since I was promised free food, I went inside. I may have been falling asleep in my seat and wishing I had pain killers to get rid of my pounding headache, but I did get my free food in the end.

After that, we spent ruffly, forty-five minutes driving to another place, so a friend could finish driving me and my younger brother to the island. If that friend's daughter, who is a great friend of mine, wasn't there, I would fallen asleep. It took four hours, but in end, I collapsed into a bed and slept till almost ten the morning. I know that may seem early people, but I normally get up before six, so...

The rest two weeks, I spent doing the same thing I would have at home if it was a two week break, not much. I accomplished nothing those two weeks and I get it. You're not supposed to be productive on vacation, but I don't like not being productive. 

Well, you're all caught up, so I guess my job is done.

Have a good day.



2 comments:

  1. A vacation sounds great. I'm ready to start our camping season.

    How's your temperature blanket coming along?

    ReplyDelete